The IEEE Cybersecurity Initiative is excited to announce the opening of the competition for two new awards:
- The IEEE Cybersecurity Award for Practice
- The IEEE Cybersecurity Award for Innovation
These awards will recognize individuals who have generated transformative cybersecurity capabilities and concepts. They will be awarded for:
- Game-changing ideas that have substantially advanced, or have the potential to substantially advance, the practice of cybersecurity;
- Approaches for designing or building novel cybersecurity systems whose impact can be quantified in terms of cost, time, and/or effectiveness;
- Sustained leadership in cybersecurity research, policy, education, and/or enabling of best practices in implementation or engineering;
- Work accelerating tech transfer of cybersecurity products, toward the enabling of cost-aware, secure solutions.
Winners receive a check in the amount of $1000 and a plaque commemorating their win. The IEEE thanks the MITRE corporation for their generous gift in support of this award.
The following distinguished review board will select the winners:
- Mark Maybury (chair), MITRE
- Jonathan Katz (vice chair), Univ. of Maryland
- Anup Ghosh, CEO Invincia
- Robert Wisneieff, IBM
- Donna Dodson, NIST
- Radu Sion, Stony Brook University
- Yoshi Kohno, Univ. of Washington
The awards will be given out at IEEE SecDev 2017 in Boston, MA. For more information about the conference, head over to https://secdev.ieee.org/2017/home/.